Mobile: 07947 960 605
My formative years in the business environment were as an accountant which was followed by time spent as a financial software consultant. Although gaining a huge amount of experience in these roles, I was looking for a much more people-focused role and now as a co-director of Plan B, I am fulfilling all my job needs which are both satisfying and hugely enjoyable.
As part of my contribution back to the business continuity industry I volunteered for the BSI BCM/1 Committee BSI BCM/1 Committee to be part of UK team that developed the ISO 22301 and are also working on helping developing the Crisis management standard, replacement for PAS200.
I enjoy putting together the skills in business continuity whether it is in the training or in consultation; explaining, teaching and reducing that jargon!
Education, qualifications and courses
- CBCI with merit
- Certified Lead auditor BS25999 and ISO22301
- Taught the BCI Good Practice Guidelines Training Course both over webinar and face to face and in the UK and in the USA
- ICOR BCM 5000 ISO22301 Lead Auditor Training quallified instructor
- PGDE (Secondary) Mathematics, Jordanhill, University of Strathclyde
- MSc Recreation Management, Loughborough University
- BSc (Hons) Statistics, Queen Mary College, University of London
CIR Awards finalist - Business Continuity Newcomer 2011
Publications, media appearances and conferences
- Interviewed for BBC scotland business programme and morning news
- Normit ‘Rocket science or documenting the obvious?’ presented with Water Direct
- IFSEC “Security & Business Continuity Working Together”
I enjoy boating, squash and socialising. I am also a volunteer for the Childrens Panel which is an independent lay tribunal and a crucial part of the Children's Hearings System, which is Scotland's distinctive approach to dealing with children and young people who are in trouble or at risk.