ISO 22301 Certification
Planb Consulting's Standards
PlanB Consulting was the first consultancy in Scotland to achieve BS25999 certification before it was withdrawn and we are currently certified to ISO 22301. We specialise in helping to take our clients through both Stage 1 and Stage 2 certifications. With first hand experience on how to maintain the standard we can ensure that there are no non-conformities at each Stage of certification.
As Business Continuity experts, PlanB Consulting can help your organisation implement ISO 22301.
Seven reasons to use PlanB Consulting to help with ISO 22301 certification
1. We were a BS25999 (achieved 2010) and ISO 22301 (achieved 2013) certified company. We have been audited on own ISO certification three times and we carry out an internal audit on a regular basis to ensure we are to the highest standard.
2. We have taken eight different organisations to ISO 22301 certification. This has varied from UK wide transport organisation to a data centre company As well as organisations within the UK this has also including one in Sweden and we have helped them to extend their certification to cover their USA operations. For a number of organisation we continue to provide support to maintain their standard certification on an annual basis.
3. The latest organisation we helped to ISO 22301 certification, when audited, had no non-conformities.
4. We are the first consultancy in Scotland to achieve the standard for their own organisation and one of the first in the UK.
5. PlanB Consulting have supported a number of different types of clients, including a large multinational defence organisation and a major financial institution towards achieving the standard - including working with three different certification bodies.
6. Kim Maclean-Bristol is a certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor and so she can carry out a ISO 22301 Internal audit or reviews. She is also qualified to teach the ICOR ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Course.
7. Kim is on the Business Standards Institute BCM/1 Committee which is responsible for the UK input into the standard and its future development.
How can we help?
1. Discuss the need for ISO 22301
Your organisation may be considering certification to the standard or just aligning to it. PlanB Consulting can help inform internal discussion by giving the costs, business benefits and work requirement to achieve certification.
2. Carry out a Gap Analysis or play the role of an internal auditor
a. We can advise you on the gap between your existing level of Business Continuity planning and what is required to achieve ISO22301.
b. Your certification body will you offer you a gap analysis prior to starting to working towards certification. PlanB Consulting can give a number of additional services your certification body cannot, such as:
- Give you an estimate of the work required to achieve certification
- Give an outline cost for completing the work
- Produce a project plan and generate product descriptions for completing the work
3. Work with you to prepare your organisation for certification
PlanB Consulting is happy to work with their clients in a number of ways to achieve certification to suit the client’s time frames, staff resource availability, skill level and budget:
a. Carry out work producing elements as required or all the work required for ISO 22301 certification including knowledge transfer.
b. Produce individual products for the clients to fulfill a knowledge gap or where there are time constraints such as:
- Training needs analysis
- Competency matrix
- Developing the organisation ‘Business Continuity Policy' and 'Business Continuity Management System’
- Audit program
- Internal audit and self-assessment program
- Continuous improvement
- Management review of the BCMS (Business Continuity Management System)
c. Provide training, mentoring and support to in-house Business Continuity Managers, Coordinators or staff.
4. Pre-audit Stage 1 or 2
a. Provide a pre-certification check to ensure that your organisation is ready for the audit.
b. If major or minor non-conformities are identified then PlanB Consulting can work with you to rectify them. PlanB Consulting can also produce action plans to be sent to the auditors to show how non conformities will be deal with by corrective action.
5. Post certification and ongoing management of the BCMS
a. PlanB Consulting can provide your organisation ongoing mentoring, training and support to in-house staff responsible for business continuity to maintain Business Continuity skills.
b. We can help with ensuring and assessing continuous improvement of the Business Continuity Management System and Business Continuity provision.