Future Career Opportunities | BC Consultants | Updated 23 September 2021
PlanB is on the lookout for a Senior Consultant to join our energetic team at our office in Glasgow, UK.
PlanB Consulting is one of the leading business continuity and crisis management consultancies in the UK, ensuring that organisations around the world have access to a robust, reliable ‘plan B’ when a disruption occurs. Our consultancy team help to develop recovery strategies of organisations in both public and private sectors, as well as training and testing their response teams against realistic scenarios in safe learning environments.
With a supportive, hard-working team alongside you, we’re offering you the opportunity to make a real difference in organisations worldwide. As part of this dynamic team, you’ll be responsible for assisting with projects of all shapes and sizes, as well as helping the business to secure new clients and continue its commercial success. You’ll also start to build a portfolio of clients and take the lead in delivering consultancy, exercising, training and auditing. This is the perfect role for someone looking to take the next step in their resilience career or transition into a consultancy role.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written communication skills, a can-do attitude and feel comfortable presenting to senior audiences. A related undergraduate or postgraduate degree in risk or business management is also desirable, as well as professional experience in consultancy or the fields of business continuity and crisis management. In return, we offer a competitive salary, exposure to international clients and the chance to be mentored by some of the most respected and decorated consultants in the industry. You’ll receive hands-on training while working with some of the biggest names in global business, both from our headquarters in Glasgow and with domestic and international travel, as well as a development programme tailored to your goals and ambitions within the company.
If you think you’re what we’re after please send a covering letter, including salary expectations, and CV to Fiona Carswell, Business Support Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and gain experience from leaders in their field. See below a few reasons why you should consider joining PlanB.
- You will receive world-class training. This will include the CBCI course which will be completed within the first few months of starting, the course details are here. You will also receive extensive on the job training from our Senior Consultants and Directors, they are leaders in this market and have received multiple awards for their work in BC. They have also been involved in writing a number of the business continuity standards. You will also attend external courses and will have the opportunity to develop your interest within a number of disciplines including cyber, supply chain, ISO 22301, crisis management or crisis communications.
- We have a flexible working policy so there is the opportunity to work from our office in Linwood as well as from home.
- You will be will be given all of the tools required to be a PlanB consultant, write proposals, devise solutions to clients problems and improve your presenting skills by delivering training, exercises and running workshops. You will be involved in all aspects of delivery so in the first year you will not be stuck in the office, writing reports, doing research and making the tea.
- There is the opportunity for travel, in the year pre-covid, our consultants travelled within the UK as well as to Malta, Luxenberg, the Channel Islands, Portugal, South Africa, Botswana and Aruba.
- We have an excellent work-life balance we don’t work excessive hours but when travelling there will be the occasional early morning start and get back late.
- If you like a challenge, are not afraid of hard work, happy being thrown in at the deep end, have a desire to learn and increase your knowledge and skills and want to learn from the best then this is the job for you!