Director - UAE
BSc (Hons), MSc, MBCI
Contact: 07947 960 605
Kim is the co-director, owner and founder of PlanB Consulting based in the UK (2002) and Executive Director of PlanB Consulting LLC based in UAE. She has 12 years of developing and implementing robust business continuity management systems in various industries across both the private and public sector.
An expert in office systems and how to ensure their continuity following an incident, former statistician Kim worked as an accountant, financial software developer and IT consultant before becoming a certified BC consultant.
She is part of the British Standards Institute’s CAR/1, the BSI Committee responsible for business continuity and which developed the UK’s input for business continuity standards. She was also directly involved with the development of BS 11200:2014, the British Standard for Crisis Management, ISO 22317, the technical specification for Business Impact Analysis and ISO 22331, the technical specification for BC Strategy. Kim is presently the UK Expert on the ISO TC 292/WG2 Committee currently revising ISO 22301:2012 and ISO 22313:2012 (Guidelines for ISO 22301).
Kim is a BCI Accredited Trainer and is a regular trainer of the BCI five day “Good Practice Guidelines” training course which leads to the CBCI qualification, having delivered in-house and public courses in Dubai, USA, Germany and Austria, as well as delivering regular courses in the United Kingdom. She is an ISO 22301 Lead Auditor and an accredited tutor for ICOR’s ANSI Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Course. Kim is also able to offer guidance and assistance on information security programmes and is an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
Outside of work, Kim is also a volunteer for the Children's Panel which is an independent lay tribunal and a crucial part of the Children's Hearings System, which is Scotland's distinctive approach to dealing with children and young people who are in trouble or at risk. She also enjoys boating and squash.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- CBCI with Merit
- Certified Lead Auditor:
- BS 1100:2014 - Crisis Management - Guidance and Good Practice.
- BS 25999
- BS 65000:2014 - Guidance on Organisational Resillience
- ISO 22301:2012 - Security and Resillience - Business Continuity Management (one of the first certified organisations in Sweden/one in the first 10 in the United States)
- ISO 22313:2012 - Security and Resillience - Business Conitnuity Management Systems
- ISO/TS 22317:2015 - Societal Security - Business Continuity Management Systems - Guidelines for BIA
- ISO/TS 22331 - Security and Resillence - Guidelines for Business Continuity Strategy
- Taught the BCI Good Practice Guidelines Training Course both online and face to face in the UK, UAE and USA
- ICOR BCM 5000 ISO22301 Lead Auditor Training quallified instructor
- PGDE (Secondary) Mathematics, Jordanhill, University of Strathclyde
- MSc Recreation Management, Loughborough University
- BSc (Hons) Statistics, Queen Mary College, University of London
CIR Awards finalist - Business Continuity Newcomer 2011
Publications, media appearances and conferences
- Interviewed for BBC scotland business programme and morning news
- Normit ‘Rocket science or documenting the obvious?’ presented with Water Direct
- IFSEC “Security & Business Continuity Working Together”