Understanding the Risk of Zika
Charlie has writen a number of blogs Zika virus and can advise client on how to respond the the outbreak. Some of the actions which should be taken in response to Zika are:
- Ensure you know what parts of the world are affected.
- Understand where your staff are travelling to and be aware if you have expatriate staff based in affected areas.
- Check your organisation’s policy and guidance for staff going to an affected area. Are they being made aware of the potential risks and the precautions they should take?
- Are staff given guidance how to recognise if they have Zika, how it should be treated and how to report it internally within the organisation and to their home country?
- Speak to your travel insurance company to get their guidance and suggested precautions.
- Check your country’s guidance on Zika and make sure that your organisation conforms to it. On the UK Health England site, it suggests that pregnant women should postpone non-essential travel to all high risk Zika countries.
More about the virus can be found at the following links:-
Here is the link to a webinar Charlie contributed to involving Dr James Logan - Department of Disease Control and Scientific Director of the Arthropod Control Product Test Centre and Andrew Woods of Everbridge on Zika.